An obstetrician/gynaecologist specializes in a woman’s reproductive health and in the diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases.
We recommend visiting our ob/gyn regularly once a year, but it is important to continue to see a gynecologist even after the reproductive age. Regular check-ups are recommended even if you don’t have any direct complaints, as some diseases affecting reproductive health can be asymptomatic for long periods of time. It is definitely worth seeing a gynecologist if a woman has an irregular menstrual cycle, painful periods, a suspicion of a venereal disease, or if she has not been able to become pregnant within a year.
Fertility Clinic Nordic’s experienced gynecologists provide assistance with the following services:
• Regular gynecological examination and ultrasound examination
• Testing for sexually transmitted diseases
• Recommendations for hormone tests, if necessary
• PAP test
• Family planning and use of contraception
• Fertility preservation
• Infertility studies (eg tubal permeability study, beReady test)
• In vitro fertilization (IUI, IVF / ICSI)
• Pregnancy detection and monitoring
• Fetal ultrasound examinations
We offer a pregnancy monitoring service with our midwife Tiina Untera from pregnancy detection to childbirth.
Our gynaecologists are Dr Eija Dorbek and Dr Ailen Aluri , who are experienced and specialized in infertility issues.
Learn more about our services and team of experts.